Monday, February 25, 2008

Goon "idhindsight" issues a challenge

Hey guys, I've been following the campaign and these threads for some time. I always thought Obama seemed like a pretty good guy, and I heard great things about his new message of hope, but up until December or so, I didn't think he had much of a chance.

I was always a disenfranchised independent; I never found any candidates that really shared my views nor did I feel that anyone stood for me. Out of my own interest (and at the behest of my wife to please vote -- I was seriously considering not voting at all this year since Hillary was the clear nominee for so long) I took a few of the small polls on the web that show which candidates are most in line with your political beliefs. Barack Obama came out with 80% or more inline with my beliefs on every single poll.

So I became more and more interested, and started following these threads.

I went from a disenfranchised man with nothing but contempt for the state of our political process, to a casual supporter, and finally today I have donated $50.01 through the great City Name to Barack Hussein Obama, my President.

I'm just a married young white father of one in rusty Ohio, and it's only $50.01. It's all I can do. But with your help, we can do more.

Help me make it $500.10.

I'm calling on ten goons to match me by the start of the Cleveland debates, 9PM EST Tuesday, February 26th, 2008.

Yes We Can

EDIT: I made a fundraiser on my.barackobama.com to keep track of this! Donate here:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/outreach/view/main/hindsight

1 comment:

Unknown said...

With the help of the great community, we raised our goal of $500.10 in under ten hours.

Thanks to everyone.

/hindsight